The latest SpectrOil M series is the eighth generation RDE Optical Emission Spectrometer for elemental analysis in oil and fuel. It is a compact, rugged, transportable and easy to use optical spectrometer that meets military shock and vibration and environmental test standards. The analyzer can be placed in the toughest remote locations around the globe, while still maintaining the laboratory grade accuracy and sensitivity needed for aerospace engine test requirements.
SpectrOil RDE-OES consists of three main components. These components are:
Excitation Source – introduces energy to the sample. This includes a high voltage AC source that applies voltage across a small gap formed by a purified graphite rod and disc, with the disc rotating and picking up oil from the sample holder under it.
Optical System – separates and resolves the resulting emission from that excitation into its component wavelengths.
Readout System – detects and measures the light that has been separated into its component wavelengths by the optical system and presents this information to the operator in a usable fashion.
A specific calibration program is applied to raw spectrum which eliminates the matrix effect, so results are compliant to ASTM standards. Then user only needs to select the calibration profile for specific fluids. So, switching from oil to fuel to coolant or water only takes seconds, not hours like ICP and other instruments.
- Conforms to ASTM D6595 – “Standard Test Method for Determination of Wear Metals and Contaminants in Used Lubricating Oils or Used Hydraulic Fluids by Rotating Disc Electrode Atomic Emission Spectrometry”
- Conforms to ASTM D6728 – “Standard Test Method for Determination of Contaminants in Gas Turbine and Diesel Engine Fuel by Rotating Disc Electrode Atomic Emission Spectrometry
- The rugged frame that meets military shock and vibration and environmental test standards (JOAP CID-0191), designed for remote locations and frequent transportation
- No sample preparation
- 30 second analysis time
- Analyses up to 31 elements simultaneously
- Self-sustained with built-in industrial touch panel PC
- Simple to operate without special training or background
- No special utilities or gases required, only AC power