The X-600 fluxer is the latest innovation in electric fusion, designed to meet the demands of busy laboratories. Its advanced heating elements are resistant to flux and chemical attacks, providing exceptional durability and reducing downtime significantly. The furnace heats up rapidly in just 15 minutes, ensuring that it is always ready for the quick startup of a new batch of XRF beads or ICP solutions. Moreover, the active power monitoring system guarantees exceptional temperature stability from one run to the next, even when using different crucibles.
The X-600 comes pre-loaded with various fusion methods that can be customized or used as-is, just like computer files. You can save, rename, delete or copy all fusion methods as needed, except for the preset ones which are protected to prevent accidental overwriting.
When you turn on the instrument, the furnace door automatically opens, and the platinumware holders move forward and out of the furnace before the door closes. Next, you can load up to six platinum crucibles with powdered sample, flux, and other agents as required. The crucibles are then inserted into the crucible holder.
After that, you install platinum molds onto the mold holder and close the safety shield. The platinumware holders are made of ceramics, eliminating any risk of contamination during the fusion. Once you give the instruction to start the fusion process, the safety shield locks, and the oven door opens. The platinumware holders move into the oven, and all heating steps are automatically initiated in sequence while the temperature is continuously monitored and displayed. The ambient LED lighting system switches to red.
The crucible holder rocks back and forth continuously to mix the flux with the sample. As the flux melts, it dissolves the sample, leading to complete dissolution. When the sample has entirely dissolved, the oven door opens, and the platinumware holders move forward while the crucibles are tilted forward to empty their contents into the molds.
Twin blowers located beneath the molds cool them while the oven remains powered, saving time. When the molds have cooled completely, the ambient LED lighting system changes from red to blue, indicating that the glass beads are ready for analysis by XRF. In the case of solution preparation, the hot melt is poured into unbreakable beakers instead of molds. These beakers contain acid, which is stirred by an optional magnetic system.
The X-600 comes pre-loaded with various fusion methods that can be customized and saved, renamed, deleted or copied, just like computer files. The instrument features a ceramic platinumware holder which eliminates the risk of contamination during the fusion process.
When the user initiates the fusion process, the furnace door opens, and the platinumware holders move forward into the oven, starting the automatic heating sequence. The crucible holder continuously mixes the flux with the sample, dissolving it until the crucibles tilt forward to empty their contents into the molds. The molds are cooled by twin blowers located underneath and, when cooled, the user can retrieve perfectly homogenous glass beads ready for analysis by XRF.
For solution preparation, the hot melt is poured into unbreakable beakers that contain an acid stirred by an optional magnetic system. The X-600 fluxer is a reliable and efficient solution for electric fusion in laboratories that demand high precision and productivity.
- Innovative heating elements
- Impervious to flux and other chemical projections
- Robust and non-brittle (instrument can be moved without element damage)
- Cartridge type for easy replacement
- Can be changed individually, without interruption
- Advanced furnace
- Dynamic Temperature Profile (DTP) to ensure uniform temperature (patent pending)
- Individual element automatic power compensation (patent pending)
- Fast heat-up (<15 minutes)
- Strict use of ceramic eliminates metal contamination
- Industrial PLC interface (does not depend on Windows updates)
- Requires no external supplies (no power supply box, no cooling fluids)
- Single-phase power (no need for 3-phase)
- Tiltable interface screen for various user heights
- Ambient status light (red when processing, blue when completed)
- Built with the most demanding lab in mind
- Heating elements impervious to flux and chemical projections
- Robust, all-ceramic platinumware holders
- Industrial-grade motors and electronics
- Simultaneous processing of up to six (6) samples
- Can prepare glass disks (beads) for XRF, or solutions for ICP, including preparations in peroxide or pyrosulfate
- Throughput of up to 30 samples/hour
- Fast initial heat-up time of under 15 minutes
- Productivity is improved by a user-adjustable holding temperature. Therefore, the temperature between fusions can be maintained to minimize initial ramping time
- No gases used, so no post-combustion toxic products released
- Minimal heat dissipation; only a standard vent hood is required
- Integrated, auto-locking protection shield with safety glass viewport
- Extra-precise temperature control achieved by Dynamic Temperature Profiling (DTP) and automatic individual element power compensation (patents pending).
- Entirely automated, cold-to-cold
- Fully reproducible fusion methods
- Outstanding reproducibility: all crucibles and molds are at the same temperature
- Real-time temperature display
- Optimum pouring conditions, since the molds are in the furnace with the crucibles
- Makes glass disks for XRF
- Can also make solutions (including peroxide or pyrosulfate fusions without modification)
- Optional variable-speed embedded solutions stirrer available
- Prepares up to six (6) solutions for ICP or AA
- Switching from disk to solution mode is quick and easy
- Ready to fuse with built-in methods for oxides, minerals, metals, alloys, sulfides, fluorides and more
- Can perform solid or liquid oxidations
- Fully customizable fusion methods
- A highly optimized, intelligent, advanced furnace
- Easy installation
- Intuitive graphical interface with multiple languages
- Easy icon touch-screen navigation
- Virtually maintenance-free; easy component access