Featuring an excellent zoom magnification range of 7.5:1 and a standard long working distance of 115mm, the Nikon SMZ 745 & SMZ 745T microscopes are well suited for both materials research and shop floor applications. The innovative design incorporates a totally new reflection prism construction, producing brighter images with stronger contrast.
The anti-mold design allows the microscope to be used in environments where the temperature and humidity are very high. The SMZ 745T trinocular model comes equipped with a microscope imaging port and a built-in 0.55x c-mount camera adapter permitting the use of a Nikon DS Series Digital Camera and of note the Digital Sight 1000 model. The 1000 model camera can operate without a PC and will even capture images directly onto an inserted SD memory card.
Features a Trinocular Optical Head for Stereo viewing and Digital imaging – The SMZ 745T is equipped with a camera port complete with a built-in 0.55x C-mount adapter. This permits the direct mounting of any Nikon DS Series Digital Camera and simplifies the process of digital imaging, capture and observation via a monitor. In addition this microscope model incorporates an optical path switching lever that enables the diversion of light between the eyepiece and camera. A well-matched camera for the SMZ 745T is the Digital Sight 1000 camera as it can work in stand-alone mode together with an SD card slot allowing PC-free image capture.
Impressive 7.5:1 Zoom Magnification Ratio. – By optimizing the Greenough optical system used in the SMZ 745 series, Nikon was able to realize the 7.5:1 zoom ratio and so provide a total magnification capability from 3.35x to 300x. With the adoption of the new total reflection Porro prism design, the SMZ 745 & SMZ 745T allows brighter and higher contrast images to be realized at all the magnification settings.
115 mm Working Distance – In addition to the high zoom ratio and top magnification, the SMZ 745 and SMZ 745T models offer an impressive standard 115 mm working distance, providing enough room for mechanism assembly under the front lens or easy manipulation of the sample or component.
Maximum Ergonomics – The SMZ 745 & SMZ 745T have a streamlined shape for enabling maximum ergonomic advantages to be realized by the user. The zooming knob is equipped with a click-stop option for each magnification step in the zoom range, and the optical switching lever for the camera port makes the digital imaging process even easier than ever before.
Rugged, Durable design suits a variety of applications and environments – The SMZ 745 and SMZ 745T both offer effective Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) protection to prevent samples or assemblies from being damaged by electrostatic discharge currents. The anti-mold coating applied onto the interior optical parts of the zoom body allows the microscopes to be used in environments where the temperature and humidity are exceptionally high.
- Challenging Materials Science applications and general Industrial use
- Research & Development activities across the full range of component materials in use today
- Production Quality Control functions in routine or critical applications
- Failure analysis to help determine or predict modes of failure, and verify solutions
- Component surface examination including Crack detection, Corrosion Studies
- Composite materials in use for Aerospace, Fabrics, Textiles, Building and Construction goods
- Machine tool inspection
- Opto-Electronic devices
- Micro-Electronics, Micro-Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Mobile phone technologies, Shavers & Watches
- Medical devices including Implants, Prosthetics, Intra-Vascular systems
- Paint and Coating Technologies
- Art and Antiquities Restoration, Research and Conservation activities