The MiniVisc 3000 series (formerly the SpectroVisc Q3000 Series) viscometers are the first truly portable, solvent-free, temperature-controlled kinematic viscometers, providing high-accuracy measurements for easy detection of viscosity variations caused by contamination, mix-up and oil degradation. The devices were designed to determine kinematic viscosity at 40C in the field for applications where immediate results are essential for determining the health of critical equipment.
MiniVisc 3000 viscometers use a patented split cell design that enables measurement of kinematic viscosity using only a few drops (60µL) of oil. When closed, the centerpieces of the split cell form a funnel with 100-micron gap allowing oil to flow down by gravity. Sensors along the funnel are triggered when oil flows by and flow time between two sensors is measured. The kinematic viscosity is then calculated. When opened, the split cell can be easily cleaned with a non-abrasive cleaning pad and ready for the next sample. The split cell is controlled at 40C throughout the measurement.
- Direct kinematic viscosity measurement
- Using a very small sample size; the sampling chamber controls temperature while infrared sensors measure flow and trajectory, delivering immediate results.
- Enables easy operation, in sunlight or low light, drawing minimal power for a 6-hour battery life. Requires no PC.
- Small sample size of 60µl (about 4 drops) is easy to obtain without impacting lubricant level. Reduces waste.
- Temperature controlled: 40°C ± 0.1°C. Each sample is held to a constant temperature for consistently accurate readings without additional pre-test measurements
- No cleaning solvent necessary
- Works with transparent and opaque oils