The SciAps X-550 sets a new performance standard for handheld XRF. Weighing 2.8 lbs. (1.3 kg) with the battery, it’s the lightest, fastest, most articulate X-ray gun ever made. It delivers the small size, blazing speed and high precision of the SciAps X Series in a perfectly balanced device. It’s fast on all alloys, including aluminums. The X-550 uses the industry’s most powerful X-ray tube, operating up to 3x the power in the Beam 2 setting compared to the SciAps X-505 and other handheld XRF analyzers. The unique geometry and tube power optimize performance for low atomic number measurement applications including sulfidic corrosion (low Si), phosphorus and sulfur, and aluminum alloys, as well as for residuals analysis per API 751 and 5L specifications.
- Delivers PMI for most alloys in 1 second with excellent precision.
- Optimized for key PMI applications like Residuals and Sulfidic Corrosion.
- Designed for NDT, PMI users to access hard-to-reach test locations and welds.
- Great on high temp alloys and precious metals.
- Featuring the Aluminum App: Sort all your Al alloys in 1-2 seconds.
- Contaminant Phosphorus & Sulfur.
- The benefit of the X-550 for geochemistry is fastest possible analysis on low atomic number elements in ore/soil samples including Mg, P, S, Al, Si, Ca and K.
- The analysis package includes the 8 RCRA metals and 11 of the 12 EPA priority pollutant metals (excepting beryllium – use our LIBS for that). The X-505 complies with the long-standing EPA Method 6200.
- The X-550 is available with our RoHS and Halogen-Free apps, offering fast, precise analysis of the RoHS elements Pb, Cd, Br, total Cr and Hg, plus Cl for halogen-free requirements.