The X-200 offers comparable or superior speed and performance to the top end analyzers from other brands. It uses a top-performing SDD combined with highly optimized X-ray tube and detector geometry. The X-200 is rapidly becoming the choice for scrap processing and non-destructive testing due to the speed and analytical performance combined with the lightweight, small form-factor design. It’s fast on every alloy family including aluminum alloys.
For geochemical applications, it offers suites of elements for environmental, pathfinder, exploration and mining. Also available is the SciAps Empirical App for users that want to test other types of materials and generate their own calibration models. Analyzers may be factory calibrated with fundamental parameters, Compton Normalization (EPA Method 6200), or user-defined empirical calibrations.
- Best value where aluminium sorting is daily but not the major focus. Requires a 2nd beam test of 8-10s for Mg at 0.8% in Al base. Requires 5-6 second beam 2 test time for Al, Si, S and P.
- Requires 15-20 s to measure 0.3-0.5% Mg in grades such 6063 or 356 or 3004.
- Offers comparable precision, limits of detection and elemental range of other leading XRF brands, but in a lighter weight package, and at a lower price point.
- Best value where aluminium sorting is daily but not the major focus.
- Requires a 2nd beam test of 10-20 s for Mg at 0.8% in Al base.
- An alternative to PINs if you want 9x the speed or 3X the precision.
- Excitation Source: 6-40kV, 200uA Rh anode for alloy testing, 6-50kV, 200uA Au anode for most other Apps.
- Detector: 20mm 2 silicon drift detector (active area), 135eV resolution FWHM at 5.95Mn K-alpha line.
- X-Ray Filtering: 6 position filter wheel for beam optimisation.
- Processing Electronics Host Processor: ARM Cortex -A9 dual-core / 1.2GHz Memory: 1GB DDR2 RAM, 1GB NAND Results Storage: 8GB SD